Teeth help us to break, chew and digest the food particles, teeth play an important role in speech, giving smile and impact our overall health. Humans have two sets of teeth, one is primary and the other is permanent ones. Teeth begin developing in uterus, or during pregnancy. A set of 20 “milk teeth” will be there until the age of six. In the second set, humans develop 32 permanent teeth which consist of four different types. Each type of tooth has its own shape and performs a different work. Incisors, canines, premolars and molars are the four types of teeth.
The incisors are located in the front and the center of the mouth. Eight teeth (two sets of four teeth i.e., 4 in the upper and the 4 in the lower jaws) that have horizontal and sharp edges are used for biting and cutting of the food particles.
The canines are located on each side to the incisors. Four canine teeth are there which is also known as cuspids and one in each quadrant of the upper and lower jaw. These are the sharpest, stronger and larger and are used for ripping,tearing, shredding and piercing motions.
The premolars are also known as bicuspids and are located behind the canine teeth. Total eight premolars are there. Two premolar teeth are there behind each side of the canine teeth in the upper and lower jaw. These are used for chewing and grinding of food.
The molars a type of teeth with a flattened surface are used for final chewing, crushing and grinding food before swallowing. Most of the chewing occurs in the back of the jaw by the molar teeth. Three molars in each quadrant of the jaw, with a combined total of 12 are present in humans. The molars have numbered names according to their location: first molars are adjacent to second premolars towards the back of the mouth, with second and third molars following consecutively. The third molars are often called the wisdom teeth. read more…
The clutch is a kind of mechanical process that transmit rotation as as engaging and disengaging. In the vehicles that have two rotating shafts clutches are useful. In the double shaft system one shaft is driven by the motor and another shaft is by another device. Here are the different types of clutches.
- Electromagnetic: The electromagnetic clutches transmit the torque mechanically and operate electrically. So these are also called as electro-mechanical clutches. Over sixty years back, these are started becoming popular. Since then there are a variety of clutch designs and applications has increased. But the basic operation not changed. For these type of clutches, no linkage is required and suitable for remote operation.
Every time the clutch is engaged, energy dissipates as heat in actuator. It results the maximum operating temperature of the electromagnetic clutch. Another major disadvantage limitation is initial cost is high.
- Safety: Also, called as torque limiter. When a machine encountered higher than the normal resistance, it allows the rotating shaft to disengage or slip.
- Cone: To transmit the torque by friction, cone clutch use two conical surfaces. These are common in some combustion engine transmissions and automobiles at once. Now these are using only in the low peripheral speed applications. The cone clutch does not require to push continuously.
- Friction: Most of the clutches for their operation finally depend on the the frictional force. These are mostly used to connect a moving member to another moving which is at different speed or stationary, to transmit power and/or to synchronize the speeds. Generally between the two members little difference is desired. These are most commonly used mechanisms. Using the surface friction, these clutches transmit torque between two faces of the clutch.
- Fluid: The fluid clutch is a hydrodynamic device. So, it is also called hydraulic clutch. Fluid coupling is used to transmit mechanical power. This is an alternative for the mechanical clutch which is an automobile transmission. It is also used in the areas where controlled start up without shock loading and variable speed operation is required. Those are like widespread application in industrial and marine drives.
There are so many other types of clutches today for cars and your garages. These include dog clutches, centrifugal clutches, overrunning clutches and so on. Each one has their unique capability to work in different areas and purposes.
Steering is just what we see in the car a wheel to operate the car directions while in driving. It is a term that applied to the collection of linkages, components etc. It will allow the vehicle to follow the desired course. In this article we will see different types of steering systems.
Rack and pinion steering:
This is the most common type of steering system used in the world at present. Because, this type of system is simplest setup to build and visualize. As the name contains, it has a rack and a pinion. The rack does not refer to a dish rack or whole box, but it is a flat and slatted surface. The pinion is a pinion and has other names like toothed wheel or free standing cog. The steering column terminus is the cog. The cog rotates when the steering wheel turns without any gear change. As the pinion meshed to the rack, its teeth induce side to side motion in the rack. Here the gear reduction is occurred. All of this thing is setup in a metal tube and the ends of the tube are protruding with the racks.
Recirculating ball steering:
This is used on many Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV) and trucks today. There is a slight difference to rack and pinion system in the wheels turning system. Recirculating ball steering is little harder even with diagrams. This mechanism contains a worm gear. Worm gear is not completely dissimilar to threaded section of a regular screw or bolt. You can found this worm inside a block. The block has teeth cut into its exterior. These teeth engage to the Pitman arm connected sector gear (referred to as a piece of gear). When the steering wheel is turned Pitman wheel make the road wheels to turn. Steering wheel shaft connect with worm gear and within the block the worm gear rotates by the shaft. The joints in the block finally make the block to move. The block motion transfers to the sector gear then to Pitman arm. It causes to turn the road wheels.
Variable ratio steering:
In the variable ratio steering system the tooth pitch is not constant, means the number of teeth per inch are not constant on rack. But in case of rack and pinion system the tooth pitch is common.
The main aim of any steering system is to ensure the vehicle or vessel wheels are pointing towards the desired directions. This is typically achieved with a series of gears, pivots and rods. One of the fundamental concepts in the steering systems is that of caster angle. With a pivot point ahead each wheel is steered. It makes the steering as self centering toward the traveling direction.
Are you planning for long drive with your family? Going on a long drive with kids can be fun but, it also involves some challenges. Here in this article, we will discuss some tips to make your journey pleasant, safe and hassle free.
1) Travel at night if you can: If you can, start your journey late afternoon. Drive for sometime and stop for having dinner. After having dinner, settle them with blanket and pillows. See to it that you make your kids wear pajamas so that they are comfortable. There are the chances that the kids will sleep. Remember, sleeping kids are happy kids and you will get several hours of driving and traveling peacefully.
2) Make sure that the place in your car are comfortable for your child: First thing you need to make sure is that the place in your car is comfortable for your kid(s). If your child is comfortable, they will never get irritated and also will not irritate you. So before beginning your journey, make your child comfortable. Add some cushions, pillows and their favorite blanket.
3) Take short breaks during the journey: Plan for short breaks throughout your journey, as kids will not sustain more than an hour or two and also need a potty break. The stops need not be long. Just 10 – 15 minutes for playing ball, going to washroom, snacking or drinking and just move around a bit will really make a difference.
4) Pack lot of healthy snacks: Taking plenty of snacks along with you will help you in going long way without taking unnecessary breaks. Deciding what to have, eating and distribution takes lot of time and breaks the monotony.
5) Pack some games, puzzles or DVD’s: The key for keeping kids busy and combat boredom is to be prepared. Pack number of games, puzzles and DVDs to make your as well as your kids journey enjoyable. Moreover, you can entertain your kids by playing their favorite movie or cartoons.
6) Stay off the phone: Refrain yourself from using cell phone for your as well as your child’s safety. If you need to answer or make a call, stop your car and use the phone. Talking on cell phone while driving can be risky as it distracts you.
Behavioral targeting ads refer to a range of techniques and technologies used by Internet advertisers and publishers. In this method, visitors’ data captured by landing pages and websites based on the ads are displayed to users. There are two types of behavioral targeting, namely, onsite behavioral targeting and network behavioral targeting. The basics of these two are same. Now we will discuss them briefly.
Onsite behavioral targeting: Behavioral targeting techniques may be applied to any type of business for advertising online. It either benefits the property or improves the visitor experience typically through the increased spending levels or increased conversion rates.
The typical approach to the onsite behavioral targeting starts by using web analytics. The visitors are split into different categories based on web analytics. The categorization is based on the persona of the visitors. This will give a starting point to the website operators about users what have to show in terms of layout, navigation, and content. Publishers use different tools to find out the persona of the visitors.
Most commonly, cookies are used in this process. For every visitor, a unique cookie is assigned and they will track the entire web journey by the user with that browser. Based on the cookie data, tools used by the publisher rules are made on what to serve to a particular user. Again, this data can be used to combine with a visitor’s purchase history and known demographic data to produce more information that helps to target even more accurately.
For example, you categorize your business website visitors into different types, such as information collectors, spenders etc. Once they visit your website, a cookie is dropped into their web browser, it will collect the data that the user uses on the browser. The data help to provide exact ads to them. If the offers are good, information collectors can become spenders. Again can make the spenders into loyal customers by cross selling and other practices.
Ad network behavioral targeting: Ad network behavioral targeting is familiar for most marketers. The way of behavioral targeting by the ad networks is different from the individual websites. Ad networks serve for many different websites with many ads. Therefore, they are able to make a different strategies for Internet users based on the demographic data. For example, a user seen on male fashion websites, business websites and football websites, the reasonable guess would be that the user is a male one.
Behavioral targeting will increase the effectiveness of the campaign. If it is done without user, knowledge is illegal in many countries as per consumer protection, data protection and privacy laws, and considered as browser security breach.
Home is a place for relaxing with friends and relatives. You spend most of your time at home, so having a beautiful home gives a pleasant experience homestay experience. Decorating home within your budget is a talent. This involves saving money at the same time giving a wonderful look to your home. There are many ideas that can decorate home with minimum expense.
Following are few inexpensive ways of decorating home:
Placing home accessories that are inexpensive: Hang picture frames on wall or mirrors on wall. This is likely to give it a good look to the room. Add some cushions to your existing sofa as this will give a new look to your sofa.
Use of existing furniture: Existing furniture can be rearranged. Move furniture to different places such as, some chairs to living room or bedroom. A piece from sofa set can be moved to bedroom or guest room remove unnecessary furniture pieces as it will leave more floor space for you. You can give a new look to your furniture simply by replacing old handles and knobs of the drawers and cupboards.
Painting walls: A new look to your home is given with just a coat of paint. It is one of the affordable techniques in decorating home. Accent wall should be painted in contrast with the furniture in the room. This can cause a focal point in the room. If your ceiling is low, play a trick with wall colors like painting vertical strips by which ceilings looks higher than it is. Similarly paint horizontal strips if the room is small. This can create feeling of space.
Lighting: Lighting is the key feature in decorating home. Replace your low power bulbs and tubes with ones with higher power. This gives your home a fresher and brighter look. You can install a pendent light in the center of your room ceiling. They bring down light to the places as require. Place accent lights on the wall to display your artwork.
Update your wall paintings and flooring: Instead of changing entire flooring, install vinyl flooring or carpets that gives your floor a new look. Choosing dark colors for floor adds interest to the room See that this kind of flooring goes with theme of your room. Give an update to your wall paintings by hanging picture and photo frames on wall.
Beautiful home is a dream of everyone but it requires huge expenses. The tips we discussed help you decorate your home with minimal expenses.
The new telematics systems number is more than doubled in the recent years from automakers. The systems like OnStar provide peace of mind in catastrophic events or crashes to the vehicle owners and their families. They are not only for emergencies, but also for conveniences (such as remote door unlocking) and offer navigation services etc. Now automakers are linking smartphone apps and telematics. These will provide the remote control access to the vehicle owners on some aspects. The telematics hardware is comes along with the vehicles and there is no need to pay any extra. Initially its services and features are for new cars. Once the trail period is completed, you need to subscribe them for yearly or monthly to continue receiving the services.
- Free telematics: Some companies are offering telematics free from charge for a first few years or months of the ownership. Latter you need to pay for that to continue. Ford with its sync system offering a subscription free limited telematics services for the first three years after you bought the car from dealer. When fuel shutoff valve activities in an accident or airbag deploys, its emergency assist automatically calls 911 through the connected bluetooth phone. Sync’s vehicle report with an online portal provides owners maintenance reminders and online diagnostic information. You can get the automated navigation to a required location, and businesses and services in an area with sync’s traffic. These systems provide conveniences and peace of mind, but you need to pay for it.
- Internet and calling: There are many companies offering Internet and call based telematics with their telematics services.
- BMW is offering an internet based Google search of services and businesses, which is tied with car’s navigation system. It also provides the information about the gas filling stations and its updated prices, stock market index, weather forecasts and traffic information. It offers a few minutes calling system, which will helpful to you in case of forget mobile or the battery is dead, for this you need to subscribe.
- The General Motors OnStar offering hands free calling embedded with cellular modem. Subscribers can purchase the prepaid talk time.
- Mercedes Benz also offering a wide range of services. Safe Ride is one of its mbrace system services. It offers to contact a taxi company or to arrange transportation when the owner feels he should not drive. When the vehicle alarm is on for more than thirty seconds, the embrace system sends an email or a text message to the vehicle owner. It also offers weather forecasts, and traffic information.
- Security services: Emergency services and the vehicle collision are the core telematics features available in all the vehicles. When the car airbags are deployed or other sensors triggered, the emergency telematics sends a message to the command center. An executive will contact through the telematics. If the person not responded or confirmed there is an accident, the command center immediately dispatches emergency response personnel.
The telematics also offer many types of other services. Those are like remote locking of door, nearby restaurants and other required services, text to speech through Bluetooth, smartphone apps integration, and so on.
The process of recruiting is selecting the right candidate for the right job. It is one of the major functions of human resource department. The process of recruitment involves various steps to hire a candidate for a particular job. This article discusses the steps involved in recruitment process.
Steps in recruiting
Following are basic steps in recruitment process and commence with:
- Identifying and defining the job: The first and important step in recruting is to identify and define the job you are hiring for. This involves posts that are to be filled, number of candidates needed, qualifications required and the job profile. This makes your recruitment process easy and simple.
- Preparing job descriptions: This step will help you in deciding the type of person you are searching for. This should include title of the job, purpose and duty of the role, job location and information of the company. Moreover, decide on the additional responsibilities and certain specific skills a person need to have.
- Advertising the job vacancy: Advertising the vacancy is a successful way of recruitment process. By advertising the job, you can reach and attract a great number of looking for the job. The ad should necessarily include name of the company, job position, duties and responsibilities, skills and experienced required, salary package and the date of interview.
- Managing the responses: After advertising your company’s vacancy, you need to manage the responses. Many applications come. It becomes a challenge for the company to select the right candidate according to job profile. So with huge responses, managing and shortlisting the best is required.
- Shortlisting of applicants/candidates: The next step in the process of recruitment is shortlisting of the applicants. This involves selecting the best among the candidates based on skills and experience required for the job, and then calling for the interview.
- Arranging the interview: For arranging interview, set a day and time. Then, through telephone or email inform them about the interview. Make a reminder call before interview if required.
- Interview and decision making: Interview is an opportunity for the company and for the applicant to know one another. As interview helps in knowing a candidate’s skills and experiences, compare it with other candidates, and decide which one will be the best match for the post. Finally, this is followed by appointment formalities.
These are the basic steps that make recruitment process easy and simple. read more…
Background check is one of the important task while buying a used car. This will help to avoid legal and other issues relating to car. Some basic background checks are as follows:
Documentation: Check all documents for suitability for the car. It contains color of the car, type (like saloon, hatchback, etc.). A seller should be able to sell the car to you with genuine documentation.
Check carefully the car’s hand book, it provides guidelines on all aspects of the vehicle. Make sure to check whether the relevant documents are matching. Also, look into the stamped service history with regular service intervals.
Mileage: Mileage another tool to check the background or history of the car. It can be through the following.
- Ask the seller about the correctness of information on mileage.
- Try to get some written warranty on mileage. It will add peace of mind while buying a used car.
- Be clear with the note whether the reading is in kilometers or miles.
- If the seller is unwilling to give any written or oral conformation about the actual mileage of the car, you should have to reconsider the purchasing of that car from that dealer or person.
- If the seller is willing to give you the verbal guarantee, note down exactly what he says. It will be helpful for reference latter.
- If you want to confirm clearly about the mileage of the car, you can contact the previous owner (s) of that car for double check.
- Any type of odometer (the device that records the distance of the vehicle traveled) can be tampered and manipulated to show less distance traveled by the vehicle. So be aware of it. Tampering/manipulating of odometer is illegal. It misleads consumers.
- Knowing about the seller, the historical odometer frauds in that area and complete check of car history can help to avoid the odometer fraud.
Warranty: If you buy from a private individual or in auction, generally the warranty for the car might not be available. If you have a warranty with the car, check which type of warranty it is and what it covers, whether it is the manufacturer’s warranty or a private person’s warranty.
The certified pre-owned or used cars will have warranty from the private authorized agencies, or dealers or directly from the manufacturers. The manufacturers warranty for the certified cars must satisfy certain conditions. If you find any such cars, first check thoroughly in those documents. If you want to check with the concern certificate issued agency. If the certificate is genuine the car is purchasable. These show that the car is in good condition as a new car. So the cost is close to that of a new car in such model. read more…
Today, people are using the Internet to visit websites they like. Even people who do not know how to operate a computer are familiar with the word website. In the websites there are so many types. Some of the most popular type of the websites are as follows:
- Personal websites: Some of the internet providers and some websites will offer some space to maintain the data in their server. Generally these are started with their own server name and followed by the user name or the name given for registration. Mostly these are using to share the family photos, the teenagers data and photos, online diary etc. These are not search engine friendly websites.
- Business websites: Business websites are professionally managed websites. Business websites contain information about the company, information about the businesses of the company, product details, promotion of the business etc.
In case of small business, websites is built and managed by a single person or an outside service provider, who have taken the site for outsource. In case of big companies, the websites are managed by dedicated teams.
- Blogs: Blogs are the flexible to share the information and thoughts without any restriction. The people can write anything based on their interest in the blogs at anytime just by login into their blog. In recent years, many big and small companies are also writing blogs to interact with the customers. Some large companies are using blogs to communicate the ideas across the organization.
- Mobile websites: Mobile websites are optimized version of websites for mobile phones. Some of these websites start with letter ‘m’ instead of ‘www’. For example m.sitename.com.
- Informative and education: These websites are maintaining for information to read and educate the public. Most popular website is Wikipedia.
- Search engine: There is no need to explain about the search engine websites. These are looks like websites but little different from them. Search engine websites will search the web for the queries. The best example is Google.
- E-commerce websites: E-commerce websites are used to sell the products through the internet. These websites display the product features, price, availability and other information. There are so many websites at present running by small and large businesses around the world. Example for the e-commerce website is amazon.
- Social networking websites: Social networking websites are very popular websites. These are helpful to connect people in a single platform from different places. Today these these networking websites have become important for marketing the business products of different companies. Example is Facebook.
These are some major types of websites based on the usage. Each one have its own unique features and unique purpose. Websites are become the primary sources to know the information because of its flexibility and the technology enable them to get in hand. read more…