Have you ever wondered how a web host works? If you have a service hired for your site, it is good to know as you are paying them for getting the hosting service. Knowing these aspects will help you understand the intricacies involved in web hosting and to get issues resolves with little no loss to your business. We help you out through the valuable information regarding how your web hosting works.
Provides various types of hosting plans and hosts your site
According to the needs of their clients’ sites, web hosting companies come up with various hosting plans. These plans include various types of service levels and technologies based on the requirements. They will assign an IP address for hosting your website and you need to make sure to keep the IP address confidential for security reasons.
All clients won’t have the same requirements. Therefore, a web hosting service provider comes up with different plans to attract customers. Hosting companies host your site based on the type of plan that you have chosen for your website.
Manages domains and sub-domains
People when take hosting service will get their domain or sub-domain registered with the hosting company and they should be associated with the IP address, which is stored in the web hosting provider’s name servers. So, they will manage your domain or sub-domain. Here, the name server is responsible for the functioning of the main or sub-domain. The issues regarding the domain and sub-domain names are managed by the web hosting company.
Sets up and runs your website
Web hosting companies will do all the necessary things in your site like installations, software, server setup, etc. They can quickly do all these modifications and make your site visible on the search engine. This can’t be done by an individual without any technical knowledge. So, web hosting providers will help you on this matter.
Understands IP addresses
As there will be huge amount of connections over the internet understanding the IP address is important for the web hosting company to host your site. So, they will assign a unique IP address to understand easily and pick out quickly your domain.
The hosting company allocates all the necessary resources for your website and monitors you site regularly and provides the customer support for the clients from time to time. The resources and the services they provide will be based on the hosting plan you have chosen for your website.
This is how the hosting providers work for their clients website and helps them out in all the issues.
Along with employment labor laws there are certain laws for children and their employment. So, would you like to know what are the laws that child have and their regulations and restrictions? Then, read this article.
Child labor laws
Child labor laws are existed for protecting the rights of the children under the age of 18 years. This law especially focuses on child’s age of working and the kind of jobs they can do. There are several regulations and restrictions for the child to work in a organization. So, every business owner must know this facts or laws to apply them in their business and protect the employees and interests of their business. The child labor laws varies from country to country and state to state. Some of the restrictions that children have are listed below.
Job restrictions for child according to child labor laws
- Children under 14-15 years of age: In some countries, according to federal labor laws, if the children is in the schooling year, the working hours are limited to 3 hours a day and 18 hours a week and when there is no school they can work for 8 hours a day. There are also some restrictions or limits in working time, i.e., they shouldn’t work after 7 p.m. during schooling days and after 9 p.m in non-schooling days. These timings and working hours may vary for every country or state, so check what you state child labor laws says and follow that accordingly. And this children are opt only for few jobs.
- Children between 16-17 years of age: The children under this age can be employed in any kind of job that are declared in the labor laws of your state or country and 4 hours per day on schooling days and 8 hours in non-schooling days.
- Children of 18 years age: Once the children reached 18 they are not restricted to certain jobs by the labor laws. So, they can opt for their own job.
Note: This law may vary from state to state and country to country. So, it is better to check your state or country child labor laws before you proceed.
- Youth minimum age: The youth under the 20 years of age are given less wages for a limited period of time after the first employment and for the eligible workers the wage can be increased for a period of time that is stated.
- Employment or age certificates: In some countries children under eighteen years should get some employment age or certificates if they want to work legally. This form will be available at schools or else they can get at the state department of labor.
So, if you are a business owner check what your state or country labor laws say regarding child labors age and working restrictions and try to implement them in your organization.
Worried about your website’s downtime? At a certain point of time every website faces this issue, and it becomes a major drawback to your website. But you don’t need to frustrate with this issue because you have a solution here. To minimize your websites downtime, you just need to do a few things, which brings your website to live back.
Check for security issues
Start by checking every nook and corner of your website. Check for hacking or other problems in your website. If any unnecessary activities were found in your website try to resolve those problems on your own or with the help of your website monitoring service provider. Meanwhile inform your website visitors about the problem that your website is facing.
Regular software updates
Now-a-days hacking attacks have become common online as most servers use public Internet. This is because of lack of proper maintenance of your website software. So, in order to make your website secure, check for the latest updates of all your software related and upgrade them along with the plugins.
Use strong passwords
On more solution to protect your website from attacks is using strong passwords that are un-breakable. Make sure that your password is complicated so that, you protect your site against password hacking attacks for acquiring your valuable information.
Manage resources on your server
Managing resource is very important for a website to run properly. Resources of your sever will be limited as per the type of server you are having that can be of any kind like shared or dedicated.
Whether it may be any kind of server you need to manage the resources with respect to disk space, RAM and CPU. These are the major things and if disk space or the RAM are out of space or if there are any power issues with CPU, your website performance degrades and start hanging. Therefore, check for the bottleneck and manage them by taking necessary actions.
Take the help of your website monitoring service
If you are not having the technical skills to work on your website, take the help of a website monitoring service. They will work more efficiently to resolve your websites problem especially during the downtime of your website and intimate you as soon as your website is having an issue. For this, you need to hire a good and reputed website monitoring service provider for your website.
This all steps will help you in reducing the downtime of your website. Getting notified and solving, the issue at the early stage is important. This will make your website function properly and brings it to the previous stage.
Teeth help us to break, chew and digest the food particles, teeth play an important role in speech, giving smile and impact our overall health. Humans have two sets of teeth, one is primary and the other is permanent ones. Teeth begin developing in uterus, or during pregnancy. A set of 20 “milk teeth” will be there until the age of six. In the second set, humans develop 32 permanent teeth which consist of four different types. Each type of tooth has its own shape and performs a different work. Incisors, canines, premolars and molars are the four types of teeth.
The incisors are located in the front and the center of the mouth. Eight teeth (two sets of four teeth i.e., 4 in the upper and the 4 in the lower jaws) that have horizontal and sharp edges are used for biting and cutting of the food particles.
The canines are located on each side to the incisors. Four canine teeth are there which is also known as cuspids and one in each quadrant of the upper and lower jaw. These are the sharpest, stronger and larger and are used for ripping,tearing, shredding and piercing motions.
The premolars are also known as bicuspids and are located behind the canine teeth. Total eight premolars are there. Two premolar teeth are there behind each side of the canine teeth in the upper and lower jaw. These are used for chewing and grinding of food.
The molars a type of teeth with a flattened surface are used for final chewing, crushing and grinding food before swallowing. Most of the chewing occurs in the back of the jaw by the molar teeth. Three molars in each quadrant of the jaw, with a combined total of 12 are present in humans. The molars have numbered names according to their location: first molars are adjacent to second premolars towards the back of the mouth, with second and third molars following consecutively. The third molars are often called the wisdom teeth. read more…
Behavioral merchandising is important to every business where they are able to approach their customer in a right direction. Behavioral merchandising is an art where they are observing the individual buying decisions.
Understanding the customers behavior is important, where merchandisers can easily promote their products to influence the visitors individual buying decisions and to increase the business revenue. The behavioral study considers the points like where they are coming from? searching for what?, how they make buying decisions?, etc.
Behavioral merchandising is more effective than customer segmentation, which segments the customers on the basis of their buying behaviors. This behavioral merchandising is important in maximizing the conversation rate of the visitors and websites to get the greater average order values.
Behavioral merchandising is beneficial to merchandisers to convert the website traffic into sales. Behavioral merchandising is important to merchandisers for providing average product margin to improve the cost of goods sold.
Behavioral merchandising means to customizing the contributed information to generate the sales automatically. People can call it as an intersection of retail merchandising and social networks because it creates the pleasant and interesting personal shopping experiences to visitors. read more…
OSHA starts its inspection process in several stages, once the complaint is reported in the OSHA office. So, if you are an employee or an employer of the organization, you must be aware of the inspection process; because, it can happen any time without a prior notice; and in fact, if anyone informs about the inspection in advance they are subjected to a possible fine or jail sentence.
Before starting the inspection, compliance office of the OSHA will undertake the research about the inspection history of the workplace, with the help of various information sources. OSHA will also review the processes in use along with the standards that are likely to be applicable. OSHA will gather the necessary testing instruments and personal protective equipment, in order to measure the potential hazard in the workplace.
Presenting inspector credentials
Once the above process is finished, the onsite inspection will start from presenting the credentials of the compliance officer with a serial number and a photograph. The officer will display these credentials when he/she appears at the site, and asks the employer or representative responsible for that to meet; and it is the responsibility of the employer to ask the credentials of the compliance officer. For this, he/she should make a call to the nearest OSHA state or federal office to confirm the same.
In this stage, the compliance officer will explain reason for the inspection in that workplace, apart from explaining about the scope of the inspection, walk around processes, employee interview and employee representation. Then, in order to accompany the OSHA compliance officer during the inspection, the employer will select the representative and an authorized employee representative can also join them. In any situation, the compliance officer is permitted to privately consult the reasonable number of employees at the time of inspection.
After that, the compliance officer will walk through the areas of the workplace for inspecting the hazards that may lead to the injuries or illness. Also, the officer will review the workplace for illness and injury reports, and posting of OSHA posters in the workplace. He/she may also point out the violations that can be immediately corrected, apart from trying to minimize the interruptions that may happen at the time of inspection. Of course, they keep the information confidential about the trade secrets they observe in the workplace.
Closing of the conference
At last, the compliance officer holds a closing conference with the representatives of the employee and the employers. They would discuss about the findings in the workplace, possible course of actions that employer should take after the inspection which could be contesting citations and proposed penalties. Compliance officer also discusses about the employee rights and consultation.
These are various stages of the OSHA inspection that you should be aware of.
If you are a business owner or an employer of an organization, then you have several responsibilities under OSHA. Do you want to know what your responsibilities are? Then, go through the below information.
Keeping workplace free from recognized hazard and complying with OSHA standards
OSHA requires employer to make health and safety as a priority in the organization. In general, it requires employers for – maintaining some conditions and adopting best practices necessary for protecting the workers in the job. They should be familiar with the standards that are applicable to the workplace and also comply with those standards. They must also ensure that the workers are given personal protective equipment and are allowed using the same, when necessary and complying with “General Duty Clause” of OSH Act where there are no specific standards.
Providing required training for employees with OSHA standards
OSHA considers that training is the important aspect in protecting the workers from illness and injuries. Employee has the right for receiving training from an employer; and it is the employer’s responsibility to provide the training with OSHA standards on a variety of safety and health hazards, and standards such as – confined spaces, fall protection, chemical right to know, etc.
Many OSHA standards require the employer to train the employees regarding the health and safety aspects of the job and other OSHA regulations make the employer responsible for limiting the assignments of the job for those employees who are qualified and certified. It means they have had special previous training in or out of the workplace.
Some of the OSHA construction standards include the requirement of general training that states, “The employer will instruct the employees in identifying and avoiding the unsafe conditions and also the standards that are applicable to the employee work environment for eliminating or controlling any hazards or exposure to illness or injury.” There are also some other additional training requirements for workers in construction as well as other employees of various businesses. So, employer should make sure that adequate training is given to the employees of their organization.
Keeping the records of the injuries and illness
Employer should keep all the records of the employees’ injury and illness that include – setting up a reporting system, providing the copies of logs when they are requested by the employees, posting the annual summary, reporting within 8 hours of any accidents that results in hospitalization or fatality of 3 or more than 3 workers. It is one of the important parts of the employer’s responsibility. It helps OSHA for identifying the high hazard industries and intimates the employer and workers regarding the illness and the injuries in the work place.
Not to discriminate the workers covered under this Act
OSHA prohibits the discrimination of the employer against employees for exercising the employee rights under this Act. If the employees feel that they are discriminated for exercising their safety and health rights under OSHA, they can make a report of the discrimination to the nearest OSHA office within the given limit of time. Usually, OSHA gives 30 days’ time for reporting.
Other responsibilities of the employer include:
- Providing medical exams when required under the OSHA standards; and giving access to the exposure and medical records.
- Posting OSHA abatement verification notices and citations.
- Providing and paying for PPE.
Importance of HR
Of all employees, the HR is considered the most important part of an organization. They are known for their high standards of commitment to the organizations and regarded at high standards.
An HR is the pillar of the organization – keeps the structure standing. They manage the overall workforce of an organization. They are responsible for the workforce and their work. They prepare policies that affect the safety, well being, satisfaction and productivity of employees. They frame policies that gives a proper framework and structure for work to happen in an organized and efficient way. They are also responsible for training the employees and ensuring employment law compliance.
Important responsibilities of HR
The HR is one of the most important parts of an organization since their responsibilities have most significant effect on the work culture in an organization and the productivity. The policies and steps initiated by HR have to be well calculated and tested as they bring consequences that may be not in the interest of the organization. Some of the important responsibilities of a HR are mentioned below:
- They are responsible for framing the recruiting policy and procedure of an organization. Following this procedure they determine the skill set they require at job and hire such employees for the organization who can add value to it.
- The HR designs the training procedure and curriculum for the new and existing employees. These training sessions are likely to improve the existing skills of an employee or help them to acquire new skills required for work and production.
- In addition, HR plans strategy and course of action to achieve targets in production and work efficiency. They are devise communication channels, leadership and work supervision systems. This gives a proper system and framework for work.
- They see to it that the business and its activities are compliant with the legal provisions of the law. They have to keep the employees educated about their rights through posters and ensure that their policies and procedures are law compliant and do not violate any legislation unknowingly.
- They frame procedures to determine compensation and benefits for employees. They also review and appreciate the good work through performance appraisals and incentives. This keeps the employees motivated and encourage them to work hard and stay dedicated and committed to the organization.
- They are responsible for safety of the employees. They frame and carry out various procedures for the safety of employees against various hazards at workplace.
- They frame policies which give strict code of conduct regarding the expected behavior of the employees and discipline. The policies are made very crisp and clear in these matters.
- Various employee welfare plans and policies are also designed by HR which ensure goodwill among employees along with good work culture and environment.
HRs are very diverse and dedicated in their approach. They create an environment for work in an organization and improves the productivity at work along with employee satisfaction.
Online marketing is much more effective than the traditional marketing. The benefits are quite obvious. Online marketing cover more number of prospective customers in less time and with little cost and resources. Online marketing is a very innovative and attractive way of promoting a brand or a brand product. There are a number of variants and innovative ways through which advertising can be done in a very attractive and interactive ways like with the help of web banners, search engine marketing, social media marketing and email marketing.
The compensation for the ads is also done in various standards or scales depending upon the success of the online advertising. Fortunately, rating the success of the campaigning through a online marketing plan is much easier than the traditional way of marketing. There are many software and online tools which can give exact number of visitors who visited the website over a period of time, how many of them clicked on the ad and interacted with it in anyway and how many of them actually went for pursuing the product. All this becomes very simple in online marketing. Getting the numbers help in deciding the compensation to the advertising agency in a fair way. For this purpose many methods are there which are used as per consent and considerations based on number of visits, number of clicks and number of purchases. These compensation methods will be discussed briefly.
Types of compensation methods
- Cost per action (CPA): This method is based on the compensation by the brand to the advertiser when a viewer of the online advertisement interacts with the advertisement and initiates a desired action like buying a product, filling up of survey form, undergoing a registration, etc. Sometimes, the agreement may include some revenue sharing also. CPA is in favor of the brands as risk of any unsuccessful venture falls by the side of the advertiser.
- Cost per engagement (CPE): As per CPE, an advertiser is compensated if the advertisement is loaded on the website and the user interacts with the advertisement in one or the other way.
- Cost per mile (CPM): The number of visitors made acquaint with the advertisement is the standard for payment here. Payment is made for every 1000 users who access the advertisement.
- Fixed cost: Fixed cost compensation is simple. The brand pays the publisher a predetermined amount of compensation irrespective of the efficiency and success of the campaign.
- Cost per click (CPC): As the name says, compensation is made in this method only if the user interacts with the advertisement by clicking on the advertisement.
- Cost per view (CPV): This is applicable only for video advertisements. Compensation is made for every view of the advertisement video.
Compressor is very critical for any refrigeration or air conditioning system. There are multiple variety of compressors like reciprocating, screw, centrifugal, etc., and are available in wide range of capacities and sizes. In this article we will learn about rotary screw compressor which is popular and commonly used in many commercial and industrial air conditioning applications.
All about rotary screw compressors
Rotary screw compressors was designed during mid-1950s and are widely used in most of the industrial and commercial applications. They are known for their efficiency, durability, smooth and noise-free operation.
Screw compressors are very rugged and are capable of supplying high volume compressed air continuously i.e., 24/7 and 365 days. They are internally cooled and contains very few moving parts that makes them operate continuously for long periods without getting damaged or heating up. For this reason, they are widely used in industries like food processing, gas pipelines, etc., were uninterrupted supply of air is required continuously.
Screw compressors are noise-free and rugged compared to other compressors and are little expensive compared to other compressors. But, their durability and low maintenance justifies their cost. However, going for a re-manufactured screw compressor will be viable.
Operation of rotary screw compressor
Rotary screw compressor operates on the principle of positive displacement but instead of cylinder and piston it contains two rotors (screws with lobes), one male and other female. The two rotors rotates in a proper alignment such that the air is sucked in and is compressed between the two rotating screws and then the compressed air is discharged at the other end. A well designed screw compressors will not have a metallic contact between the two screws.
Types of rotary screw compressor
Rotary screw compressors are of two types, oil-injected screw compressor and oil-free screw compressor.
- Oil-injected screw compressors
- These are also called as wet compressors.
- In oil injected screw compressors, a thin film of oil is used between the two screws to compress the air.
- The compressed air is then filtered to remove oil contaminants.
- However, the air still contains a very minor quantity of oil called ‘oil-carryover’ in compressed air no matter how much it is filtered.
- Because of oil-carryover, oil-injected compressors are generally not used in food processing industries and some high technology industries.
- It is suitable for factories and industries where metallic equipment are used as the minor oil residue in the compressed air prevents metallic equipment from rusting.
- Oil-free screw compressors
- These are also called as dry compressors.
- As there is no oil film to make two rotors rotate together, a timing gear is used to rotate the two screws in alignment to compress air.
- Though it is oil free, some quantity of oil is required for lubrication of the parts. For this purpose a clean oil or pressurized water is used (lubricated parts are however located far from the compressing space).
- The dry compressors in which pressurized water is used for air compression are called water-injected compressors.
- Air from oil-free or water-injected compressor is 100% oil-free and so it is suitable for industries where very clean and quality air without any contaminants is required.
It is the most basic part of an engine. An engine cannot be made without it. It provides space for the movement of piston. It is generally made up if high grade cast iron. A cylinder is contained in a cylinder block. This block also contains water jackets for cooling purpose.
Piston is a cylindrical structure in the cylinder. One end is made fit against the walls of the cylinder. Piston is connected to the connecting rod that connects crankshaft. The movement of piston creates pressure differences for intake and exhaust of charge. Piston action compresses the charge and generates power during the power stroke.
Compression rings are placed in gaps of the piston near the piston head. They close the piston against the cylinder walls firmly so that gases do not leak and necessary pressure is maintained. This particularly is important during the compression stroke when the charge is compressed.
Engine is not a continuously power producing component. It provides power only during the power stroke. The other three strokes do not generate any power. The power stored during the power stroke is stored in the flywheel which is used to power the piston operations during the idle strokes. The back surface of a flywheel is used as pressure surface for the clutch plate.
Crankcase holds lubricating oil reservoir, oil pump, oil filter, and ignition components like spark plug and ignition coils. The upper part of the case is connected to the cylinder block.
A crankshaft is an important part of the engine. It is connected with the piston via a connecting rod. It is responsible for conversion of reciprocating motion of the piston into rotary motion of the flywheel.
Top dead center (TDC) and Bottom dead center (BDC)
In the cylinder, during a stroke, when the piston is at the topmost position, it is said to be at Top dead center. In a similar fashion, when a piston is at the lowermost portion of a cylinder, the piston is said to be at the Bottom dead center.
It refers to the removal of exhaust and flue gases from the cylinder so that fresh charge can be introduced into the cylinder. Sometimes, pumps and compressors have to be employed to force the gases out of the cylinder.
Fire hazards at workplace are unprecedented occurrences and can happen anytime because of anyone’s fault. Fire fighting systems may help in bringing down the hazard but do not offer protection to employees in case hazard goes uncontrollable. Exit routes are best and are an effective resort in case of fire hazards. They ensure adequate protection to the employee in the event of fire hazards. Hence, fire exits are very important when it comes to safety of the employees. Therefore their design, construction and maintenance play a significant role in ensuring that they do not compromise the safety of employees during evacuation.
Design and construction requirements for exit route
OSHA provide guidelines for the construction and design of the exit routes. These guidelines have been prepared taking into consideration various factors and ensure maximum safety to the employees in case of a fire hazard. There should be at least two exit routes. One is also acceptable but make sure that all employees evacuate safely in due time. Design and construction requirements as issued by OSHA are:
- Exit routes must be permanent parts of the workplace and they should be spacious enough to accommodate all the employees. They should lead to a safe area. Exit routes that go further the discharge point should have signs showing the discharge point.
- The exit routes should not have a decreasing profile from mouth to end and they should not be locked or blocked when employees are inside. They should contain side hinged doors that swing open in the direction of exit.
- The exit route should be well illuminated. They should be at least 7 feet 6 inches in height and 28 inches in width. Presence of objects that reduce its width are unacceptable. It should be made up of non flammable material with fire resistance rating of at least one hour.
- Proper safety to the employees should be ensured in the exit from slips and falls through guardrails and covering them in case of snow and ice deposition.
Maintenance, safeguarding and operational features for exit routes
The fire exits should be ensured to be in a working condition so that they satisfy their basic utility in case of need. OSHA provides guidelines for maintenance, safeguarding and operational features of the exit routes. They are as follows:
- The exit routes should not contain any highly flammable and explosive material and the pathway should not be obstructed by objects and materials. Route to fire exits should not pass through high hazard area.
- Make sure that the safeguards are in working order and the pathways are well illuminated.
- Proper signs should be displayed for identification purposes and the alarm emergency systems should be provided for intimation in case the employees can not interpret the hazard.
A fire exit should be constructed as per the guidelines of OSHA and regular maintenance of the exit routes should be carried out to ensure that they are in working condition. A fire exit that cannot provide safety by virtue of its construction or one that is not maintained well cannot provide optimum safety to employees in case of hazards and their presence is of little significance when it comes to safety of employees from fire hazards.